What is not a Medical Device?
- Laser used for cosmetic purpose.
- Contact lenses (colourless and coloured) with no corrective function.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Fixed items for helping disabled people.
- Alcohol wipes for disinfecting patient skin ( Notification from MHRA)
- Alcohol breath tester used by police.
- Accessories used for cosmetic purpose.
- Medical Devices used in Animals
- Medical Device action similar to Pharma or drug products
- Devices not have a Medical Purpose
Medical devices are usually used directly on the patient