510k Executive Summary and 510k Summary
A 510(k) Summary provides a brief summary of the device included in the premarket notification and the supporting information. It must be in sufficient detail to provide an understanding of the basis for a determination of substantial equivalence. Summary should be separate section for the submission. The summary contains, the 510(k) owner’s name, address, phone and fax numbers, name of contact person, and date the summary was prepared, the name of the device, including the trade or proprietary name, if applicable, the common or usual name, and the classification name. The summary shall prepare in the letter head of the organization. The summary shall contain following information but not limited to.
- Intended use.
- Device description
- General characteristics of the device
- Performance tests, bench tests, non-clinical/ clinical test.
- Comparison table with predicate
- the determination of substantial equivalence
Executive Summary/Predicate Comparison is a section of 510(k) which should include,
- concise description of the device, including the indications for use and technology.
- device comparison table; and
- concise summary for any performance testing in the submission.
The information should be sufficient to understand the device. The comparison table shall discuss the similarities and dissimilarities of the device and the predicate device.