FDA Cosmetic Registration (VCRP)
FDA Cosmetic registration (VCRP) is entirely optional. The US FDA does not compel manufacturers to register their facilities. Manufacturers, exporters, brand owners, packers, and distributors of cosmetic goods marketed in the United States can participate in the FDA’s voluntary cosmetic registration program.
VCRP is also called as Voluntary Cosmetic Registration Program. It is a requirement for cosmetics sold in the USA.
As per the definition of FDA, a cosmetic is an article rubbed, poured, sprinkled, or sprayed on, applied into the human body for the purpose of altering the look, appearance, beautifying, cleansing for promoting attractiveness.
The Process of FDA Cosmetic Registration
Step 1 : Manufacturers open a VCRP account with the FDA
Step 2 : FDA Cosmetic Labeling Compliance
Step 3 : Cosmetic Product Ingredient Statements (CPIS) Filing
- VCRP can be initiated only if the cosmetic is available in the US Market.
- No medicinal claims on the label.
VCRP Registration Fees
We are FDA Consultants and US Agent for Foreign facilities. We provide GMP, FDA Registration and Listing service along with FDA Pre- Inspection Service.
- VCRP Registration : 649 USD (5 days)
- Cosmetic Label Review : 749 USD ( 20 days)
- Ingredient Statement Filling : 649 USD (2 days)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Is FDA Voluntary Cosmetic Registration (VCRP) mandatory?
Normally manufacturers and distributors must do in due course.
How do I list cosmetic ingredient with FDA?
Does FDA Approve Cosmetic Labels?
FDA does provide labeling guidance. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer / distributor to make sure the labeling complies with all requirements.
Misbranded cosmetic - How ?
- False or misleading labels
- labeling that fails to provide the mandatory information under FDA regulations
- Not properly display the mandatory information
- Labeling that violates the Poison Prevention Packaging Act.
Why Amazon ask for Certificate of Compliance?
Amazon will make sure the cosmetics listed with them are required to comply with FDA labeling requirements including net weight, statement of identity, directions for use, warnings, contact information and ingredients.
Obtaining a Certificate of Compliance from third party regulatory consultants is one possible way to get a cosmetic product back on Amazon.
What is GMP? How to avoid adulterating?
What is FDA GMP Inspection. What are the core areas of Inspection?
- Building and Facilities
- Raw Materials & Packing material control
- Production Process
- Laboratory Control process
- Traceability Records
- Transportation & Complaints